At Bon Secours Diabetes Treatment Center, we not only provide education, we provide support. We understand that diabetes is just one part of your life and that everyone’s diabetes is different. That’s why one of our goals is to help you fit diabetes into your lifestyle – work schedule, family life and social activities. Please see Our Services for more information. Contact any of our centers to schedule an appointment.
Top Reasons To Visit Us
- Diabetes is controllable. It is a chronic condition and you play a major role in managing it. In partnership with your physician, we teach you self-management skills.
- Live a long and healthy life. With good management and control, you can prevent long term or life-threatening complications.
- We are credible. Our centers are recognized by the American Diabetes Association and staffed by registered dietitians and nurses who are certified diabetes educators. We work with about 14,000 patients and 400 physicians each year. We are committed to evidenced-based practice and achieving the best health outcomes.
- Save money. Research shows that educated patients have fewer emergency room visits and hospital admissions.
- You are not alone. 29.1 million Americans have diabetes, and 86 million have prediabetes. More than 3 million Virginians battle diabetes and prediabetes every day. (American Diabetes Association)
- Being educated helps you understand treatments your doctor prescribes, how and why they work, and why lifestyle changes are recommended.
- It is normal to go through or have feelings of denial, anger, fear, frustration and depression. We can help you with coping skills.
- Get support. You can benefit from talking with other people who also have diabetes. We encourage you to bring a loved one or guest with you to the center.
- Your dietitian and nurse will be an ongoing resource for you when you need them. We are here to help you help yourself.
- “If you listen to your body when it whispers, you will never have to listen to it scream…” or your doctor either! (source unknown)