Since 2005, Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center has been committed to meeting the diverse health care needs of Chesterfield County. As the county and surrounding areas continue to grow, we are conscious of the need to increase the number of available beds to better serve our community.
About the St. Francis Medical Center Expansion:
• An additional 55 acute care beds (9 obstetrical, 4 intensive care and 42 medical/surgical beds), through the construction of two new two-story additions
• Gives more flexibility in patient placement, while accommodating growing inpatient demand, stemming in part from growth in the 65+ population, who require more inpatient care than other age groups
• Efficient vertical expansion with limited disruptions to ongoing operations of the facility, offering continued hospital access for residents, physicians and employers located south of the James River
• Access to affordable inpatient health care services for all segments of the population in need, continuing a tradition of providing care to those in need, irrespective of their ability to pay
• The 42-month design and construction economically benefits Chesterfield County through business revenue to contractors and workers, as well as supporting industries, such as restaurants, food trucks, gas and lodging, while ultimately creating more than 100 new health care jobs upon completion